S&P Global Commodity Insights Global Carbon Markets Conference 2023
Last week DelAgua team members attended S&P Global Commodity Insights Global Carbon Markets Conference, held in Paris.
COO Euan McDougall, Carbon Sales Manager Marcus Alexander-Neil and Commercial and Finance Director Rory McDougall joined environment, climate change, and carbon market leaders to discuss how to scale a credible and transparent carbon market in order to achieve net-zero goals.
The conference focused on solutions, not just problems and included many expert high-quality guest speakers ranging from carbon project developers, regulatory & verification bodies and carbon buyers. Each speaker articulated the different aspects that are necessary to boost the carbon market.
Some of the topics the conference covered included:
• Examining the proliferation of national Carbon programs (markets or taxes) and connecting global trends
• Spotlighting emissions mitigation tech and contributions to net-zero goals
• Best practices for scaling nature based solutions, investing in natural capital and biodiversity
• Assessing the role of ratings and agreed Carbon principles in achieving transparency in the voluntary Carbon market
• Exploring market infrastructures and how to support the scaling up of the voluntary Carbon market
As an emerging market, the carbon sector is expected to grow significantly over the next few years and this is a critical stage as it undergoes policy transitions; focusing on integrity & impact.
Rory McDougall, our Commercial & Finance Director, was pleased to join other experts from across the world. “The 48 hours passed by very quickly with numerous meetings and conversations with investors, traders and end-users, who we will continue to engage with. It was also very good to catch up with our partner BURN at the conference.”
During the conference DelAgua’s COO Euan McDougall took to the stage for his speech titled ‘Scale, Impact & Integrity: Meeting the Triple Challenge in Clean Cooking Programmes.’
He said, “Cookstove projects are scalable and deliver significant impact at a grassroots level and we welcome policy change to reaffirm confidence in cookstove integrity to create carbon markets that we can all be proud to be a part of.” Read his full speech here.
We’d like to thank the whole team at S&P Global Commodity Insights for a very well curated and valuable conference and we look forward to joining you again in Barcelona next year.