FOLLOW US ON:
Job Title: Investment Manager
Reports To: Commercial and Finance Director
The DelAgua Group of companies design and implement major carbon development projects. Our purpose is Transforming Lives and Nature through Enterprise. The company was founded at the University of Surrey in 1985, developing the first DelAgua water testing kit in conjunction with Oxfam. Today we continue to provide a wide range of world-class water testing products alongside our stove carbon development programs.
DelAgua has now distributed over 1.6m stoves in Rwanda, The Gambia and Sierra Leone. It has expanded rapidly over the past 24 months, drawing in new investment with substantial further investment expected in the near future. The role is new and will be the first hire in DelAgua’s new investment team, presenting an opportunity for the successful candidate to be a key contributor to DelAgua’s future. The key responsibilities of the successful candidate will be to manage the internal and external models and assist with negotiating investment agreements.
The successful candidate will be able to apply a commercial mindset to legal agreements, support the senior management team in making commercial and investment decisions and be a very capable modeler. As well as technical skills, the candidate will need to be a good cultural fit within the DelAgua team.
• Handle all modelling needs at DelAgua.
• Assist with negotiating and closing on investment agreements.
• Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to inform strategic decisions.
• Liaising with and consolidating various inputs from a variety of workstreams into relevant models and commercial agreements.
• Support other department with Excel/numerical outputs.
• Review other (non-investment) agreements
• Consider tax structuring implications in regards to commercial arrangements.
• Preparation of periodic reporting packages for investors.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities;
• At least 3 years of experience in a financial role (e.g. investment manager, private equity, venture capital, Big 4).
• Highly proficient modeler on Excel.
• Excellent command of Excel.
• Experience with negotiating and reviewing commercial agreements.
• An interest in the carbon markets (no prior experience required).
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English. French and/or Portuguese language skills will be beneficial.
• Excellent data analysis skills.
• Competent in understanding financial accounts (no formal accounting experience required).
• Minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
• Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and works independently.
The role is remote but the candidate is expected to be based +/- 2 hours timezone of Rwanda at all times. The candidate will be expected to travel to Africa on occasion and is encouraged to temporarily spend an extended period in our operating markets.
At DelAgua, we celebrate our differences, and recognize the strength in the diversity of our people. We are a global employer who believe in providing opportunities for all its employees to unlock their potential regardless of background, age, sex, sexuality, race, religion, or personal beliefs.
To apply for this role please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected].
FOLLOW US ON: